Saturday 10 March 2012

What a difference a day makes

James tells me that Grandma is now sitting up in her hospital bed, talking and wondering when she is going home. Tests continue to find out what caused her seizures yesterday; she has no recollection of yesterday at all, which is just as well because it was a confusing and painful day for her. I haven't seen her today because I was on a training course all day; not my favourite way to spend a Saturday although it was a useful course. James visited in the afternoon and Forrest will visit in the evening. I have come directly from Carluke to the Mitchell Library in Glasgow where I will be meeting James, Heather and Ewan shortly to go to one of the Aye Write events. We will be hearing William Boyd speaking about his latest book "Waiting for Sunrise". I am a huge Boyd fan and I have heard that he is rather dishy so I'm looking forward to it very much. I mentioned two days ago that Jennifer had good news for me, but this was rather overshadowed by yesteday's events. The news is that Mum's house is sold, which is a big relief, not so much financially but in the sense of not having to be responsible for it and its ongoing expenses. Well when I say "sold" I actually mean "under offer" so I'm hoping that nothing goes wrong with the transaction. I'm told that the purchasers absolutely love it, which they should because it is a lovely house which suited my Mum very well for a number of years. So Grandma seems to be recovering well, Mum's house is sold, my training course is over, I'm about to have a literary episode followed by a curry - let the weekend commence! 

No comments:

Post a Comment