Sunday 10 May 2020

Hairstyle Sunday

Less than a week after I first spotted some down by the river, there are now bluebells everywhere. I saw plenty of them in the park during my daily walk, which I found much more pleasant today with a cool breeze to keep my temperature down. There are lots of bluebells in the garden too.
Twelve weeks after his last haircut, James’ hair has been getting rather long, so today he asked Cat if she could give him a trim, and she very kindly agreed. We thought that she would have to use scissors for the whole cut, however it turned out that Alistair has some electric clippers, so she was able to use them for the sides and the back. Cat took great care over James’ haircut; he must have felt relaxed because he fell asleep during the process! It looked great when she had finished - extremely neat and smart - and James was very pleased with the results. And then Cat went on to dye the grey bits of my hair with a hair dye that I had bought a couple of weeks ago from Sainsbury’s. I’m actually quite lucky that my hair is still mainly the fair / reddish colour that it has always been, but the greyest bits are at the front at the sides, which are quite visible if I push my hair behind my ears. Cat applied the dye expertly, and carefully followed the timings on the instructions, washed and conditioned my hair, and even blowdried it afterwards. It looked great and felt really soft, and the colour blended perfectly with my own hair colour. Flora lurked around the bathroom door, peeking in to see what we were up to, which I thought was very funny; she wanted to be with the girls!
We spoke to Heather and Ewan on Zoom later, it was nice to see them and chat to them. Ally and Cat got us our Sunday night curry and we all had a convivial meal and chat. Boris Johnson spoke to the nation on television about slowly easing the lockdown; starting with unlimited exercise instead of once a day, and garden centres opening. Then more businesses opening, schools partially opening in June, pubs and restaurants maybe in July if infection rates don’t go up. Scotland however may well be slower to lift restrictions because we are further behind in the progress of the epidemic - hopefully we will find out more in the coming days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment