Wednesday 13 May 2020

Evening Walk

I spent quite a lot of today doing some useful tidying and housework, which was time-consuming but incredibly satisfying. In the afternoon I phoned Suzy’s Gran; my father’s cousin Janet. We had a lovely chat; she knew my Dad and my Aunt Margaret very well and remembers my Dad (who was thirteen years older that her) taking her out for a run on his motorbike along the old Edinburgh Road (before the motorway was built). She talked about her early life in Whifflet and about her siblings. We are going to keep in touch and exchange family information.
After dinner with the young ones I realised that I had hardly been outside all day, so James and I set off for an evening walk around the park. The sky was pale blue and the tree branches were lit warmly by the setting sun. It was a beautiful evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment