Wednesday 12 December 2012

Not quite firing on all cylinders

I am now in the bath on my way to bed because I have not been feeling great today. Nothing specific, just heavy eyes and a slight headache. I am not alone in this; a lot of my colleagues are feeling less than 100% too. The annoying thing is that it has affected my concentration and I did not get through everything that I wanted to today. After school I went to the Cookery Club's Christmas celebration which went very well, and, during her speech to the invited parents, Shona very kindly thanked me for being her helper over the last couple of months. I nipped into the store room to have a look at my penguins and felt quite pleased with them. They look as if they have been made by an adult amateur - not as if a toddler has made them, which is what I feared. By the time I got home I was really tired; lovely Davie made the tea and I perked up a little. Ally is feeling a bit better I'm glad to say and is planning to sit his exam tomorrow. I need to get him a doctor's line for the exam he missed today; it's very unfortunate but he really couldn't help being ill. He is going to ask his Advisor of Studies when he will next be able to sit the exam; I suspect that it will not be until June or August. The best thing I can do now is get a good night's rest to restore my energy levels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment