Saturday 8 December 2012

Battle on the lawn

I was watching a magpie and a squirrel squaring up to each other on the grass this afternoon. The magpie was the most aggressive and danced right up to the squirrel but the squirrel turned round to it and they had a brief skirmish, they seemed evenly matched. I have had a pleasant Saturday. I was bag-packing at Sainsbury's to raise funds for the music trip then did a bit of housework. Ally and Cat were studying together and Davie was in town with his girlfriend. In the evening we all had dinner together then James and I watched a quirky wee film that had been recommended to me called "Up there" It was a strange wistful black comedy filmed in Glasgow and Saltcoats, with a rather bleak view of a bland bureaucratic afterlife. It had haunting music, the acting was good and I enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment