Tuesday 26 March 2013

Still snowing

Yes it was still snowing today where I work! Just flurries of snowflakes which were not lying, but there was a cold wind which was not at all spring like! Contrast this with my blog entry of exactly a year ago; 26th March 2012; "Today was another absolutely beautiful day, unseasonably warm with record temperatures for Scotland in March - 22.9C in Aberdeenshire and about 19.5C in the Glasgow area". A year ago spring had arrived with a flourish but today we are still waiting and wishing! To look on the bright side, last year's early promise did not lead to a hot summer in the UK, so perhaps this year's slow start will result in better weather later on.
This evening I watched a film "Sylvia" starring Gwyneth Paltrow (one of my favourite actresses) about Sylvia Plath (one of my favourite poets). It was ok but I already know a lot about those tragic events from reading about them and the film was of course very sad. It was during the long cold winter that I was born, when it all got too much for Sylvia. She died when I was one month old. James had been very good-natured about me watching it but he absolutely hated it and couldn't wait to switch on the football when it was over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment