Thursday 5 April 2012

A lovely lunch

I had a lovely time today when I went out for lunch with Jackie in Shawlands. I had been into work for a couple of hours and then I collected my car from a garage to which I shall never take my business again. I don't want to dwell on the details but I was completely ripped off and I was furious. So I was looking forward to relaxing with Jackie. We had a delicious lunch and a great chat and a laugh. She is a lovely friend as well as a brilliant colleague. It reminded me of the days when I was part time when the children were small and I used to go out for lunch on a Thursday with some friends who I met when Jamie was in primary school. I really enjoyed it. We ate in lots of south side restaurants and it was quite cheap because everyone was paying just for themselves. When I went back to working full time I used to feel a bit wistful on a Thursday lunch time but I soon got used to my new routine. Today however was a great holiday treat and I really enjoyed it.