Monday 3 April 2017

Dundee for lunch

Today I did a few errands for Grandma in the morning; I'm glad to say that she is looking a lot better than she did at the beginning of the weekend when she was very tired and out of sorts. Yesterday afternoon I took her for a wee outing to the Heritage Loch for so hopefully a bit of fresh air has done her good. That and the antibiotics!

Then I went on a trip to Dundee to have lunch with Davie and Chanel. The weather was lovely for a drive and I listened to my iPhone music and sang along to many of my favourite songs on the way. As usual we met at the Bridgeview Station Restaurant, and as usual we vowed to try somewhere different next time. But it is such a pleasant lunch venue with really good service that I'm sure we'll end up going there again! The three of us had a good old chat and I so enjoyed it. Afterwards we went to see (the outside of) Davie and Chanel's new flat for next session; it is in an attractive cobbled street, but it is still occupied by the present tenants so we couldn't go inside. And then we strolled around Dundee University campus for a while; Davie is very happy that he has just been offered a job working at the Student Union, starting later this month. My drive back home was not so much fun - it rained heavily for a lot of the journey and the traffic was very busy with roadworks. However I was home in good time for tea and we started watching a new series called "The Good Fight" about lawyers which seems promising. It's apparently a spin off from a well known series "The Good Wife" but since we never watched it I'm not sure what similarities there are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment