Thursday 6 April 2017

Puncture

I have had a very satisfactory couple of days of pottering around, taking Grandma shopping, and doing some useful admin. Yesterday I gave James a lift to the airport in the morning so that I could have the use of his car during the day - Ally was still up north with my car. However at some point i must have picked up a nail in the back left tyre because a warning light came on, and sure enough the tyre was getting soft. Ally had arrived back from his travels and he helpfully (although I have to say, very ungraciously) managed to remove the offending tyre and replace it with the spare one. Anyway, today I met Caroline for a lovely coffee and catch-up, then decided to go straight to KwikFit to get the tyre repaired. It wasn't until I got there that I realised that I was driving my car, not James' car! What a chump I felt!

Ally and Cat's Swiss friend Joel has arrived to spend a couple of days with us before they all head off on their Highlands holiday. He is a very pleasant and easygoing chap and Ally took him on a tour of Tennents Brewery and a walk to the Cathedral and the Necropolis. In the evening we watched a 2016 science fiction film called Arrival which was one of those films that have strange theories about the nature of time - it was good but made my brain nip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment