Friday 21 April 2017

Shakespearean

It has been a rather Shakespearean week. My 3rd years have asked if they can learn about Shakespeare, now that their assessments are finally over. We have chatted about it during the session from time to time and they are really keen to do Macbeth. So we have made a start and they are totally loving it so far. Coincidentally the 4th years in the wider school have started on Romeo and Juliet, so I have been in my element! It's ages since I last read it so it's fun to revisit the play (including the details of the priest's unnecessarily complicated arrangements which were bound to lead to disaster!) 

I think that I have blogged before about what a privilege it is to support pupils in various subjects so that I see lots of great teaching all around the school. This week in Modern Studies the teacher captured the pupils' interest so well by his teaching methods that they were absolutely fascinated by the topic - this being worthy of note because they are an extremely challenging class. It has been a good week in many ways but I'm also very tired and glad that it's the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment