Saturday 31 December 2016

Alchemilla

Happy birthday to me! And it has been a good one despite the dreich weather. We went for lunch with Ally, Cat and David to another new restaurant; Alchemilla in Finnieston. It serves Middle Eastern food which you are encouraged to share. The chef has worked in well known London restaurant Ottolenghi and has now decided to open her own restaurant in Glasgow. The staff are really enthusiastic about the menu, and the food was freshly cooked to perfection.

I was given some lovely presents, including from Cat the book and DVD of Noel Streatfield's "Ballet Shoes" It must be about forty-five years since I read it and I can't wait to read it again and then watch the film for the first time. I was really touched by her thoughtfulness.

Chanel has arrived to bring in the New Year with us and Davie is just opening a bottle of Prosecco - here's to the New Year that lies ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment