Monday 19 December 2016

Wings of a Dove

On Thursday evening James and I went to see Madness at the Hydro. It was a fantastic concert. Special mention should be made of the Lightning Seeds who were the excellent support act, with many great songs of their own. Madness is one of the bands where James' and my taste in music coincide, and I have to say that it lived up to our expectations. "Our House" has long been one of my favourite songs and I was saying to James that I would quite like it to be played at my funeral because the lyrics do seem to describe our family quite well! I also particularly enjoyed "Wings of a Dove" and there were of course many more; they certainly have a large back catalogue of songs, and it was such a happy and pleasant atmosphere. At the end, before the encores, they brought on a pipe band who played Flower of Scotland and the whole audience sang along

No comments:

Post a Comment