Thursday 29 November 2012

Hoping for a peaceful night

Here I am in my little room at Inverclyde where I am on a residential trip. My room is small but comfortable, although it is "bin view" this time rather than the sea view I had the first time I came here. I have great memories of coming here; the first time was 2008 and the pupils always love it. The facilities are very good and the food is hearty and plentiful. I didn't arrive until mid-afternoon because I am doing the overnight shift to fill in for a colleague who has a young baby, and I will be heading back to school after breakfast. However I have enjoyed watching some sports, and of course the disco, where we all joined in with a spirited rendition of "Gangnam Style". Jackie came down with her gorgeous boys for a visit, who absolutely loved the dancing. When they left, Noah turned round when I was waving goodbye to them, and signalled a hug by putting his arms round himself and giving me a big smile. And now I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will have an undisturbed night, which has not always been the case during trips here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment