Sunday 11 November 2012

Remembrance Sunday

Ally and Cat went to the Remembrance Day service at the church and enjoyed the outdoor part at the war memorial. Ally asked recently when we will be going back to visit the grave of his great-great-uncle Hugh in France who died in the last weeks of the First World War (we visited in 2009 and vowed to return with a heather to plant on his grave)
James and I headed to a family lunch in Biggar to celebrate Abigail's 40th birthday. Abigail is a lovely girl who is the youngest of my many cousins (there are fifteen of us I think). Our oldest cousin has just turned sixty so that places me right in the middle of the age range. We had a very pleasant afternoon catching up on family news in Bill and Katy's gorgeous house. I did my own bit of remembering, about family members who are no longer with us, most recently May. When we got home I had a nap while James kindly made tea for all of us including Grandma. A relaxing Sunday evening ensued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment