Saturday 11 March 2017

Shoe shopping

Today I took Grandma shopping for shoes. Davie came too, having just arrived home for a visit from Dundee, and Grandma was absolutely delighted to see him. Davie's presence meant that I could drop them off right outside Grandma's favourite shoe shop in Hamilton and then go and park the car. When I joined them in the shop the news was not good. Grandma's favourite type of shoe, comfy but smart (patent leather) with a small heel, do not seem to be in style just now. She didn't like the flat, more casual shoes that are currently on offer, and I can understand that; she has always dressed simply but elegantly and wants something with a bit of style. I will need to do some research on where to find shoes for her. 

We then headed to Marks and Spencer for a light lunch and she got a few bits of shopping there, including her beloved Saturday Herald. 

No comments:

Post a Comment