Saturday 4 March 2017

Quiz Night

Last night I went along to my school's much anticipated annual quiz night. It was very well attended by the school staff (some of whom had even been testing each other with general knowledge questions at lunch times!) and I could tell that it is a long standing tradition, organised enthusiastically by a group of retired teachers. There was a jolly atmosphere, which became noticeably jollier as the evening went on. The organisers had clearly put in a lot of work to make it go like clockwork, with detailed score sheets so that the teams could check their progress and many rounds of questions involving music clips and visual clues. It's actually the first social event that I have attended at my new school apart from the Christmas night out, and I was glad that I went; I do enjoy the occasional quiz night and my new colleagues are a friendly bunch. My team acquitted themselves respectably, in the top half of the total scores. At least we were not awarded the prize appropriate for last place; a set of wooden spoons carefully crafted by the Technical department! 

No comments:

Post a Comment