Saturday 18 March 2017

Weekly round up

So it has been a busy old week but the signs of spring continue apace so I'm in a good mood. Jamie sent us some amazing photos of himself in a helicopter when he was on the way to treat an unwell baby who had just been born in a remote area and needed urgent treatment. After he stabilised the baby they were flown back to the hospital. What an amazing (and scary!) job he has! 

I had a couple of really nice evenings with friends during the week. It was great to meet up with Jennifer G for an Italian meal on Tuesday and we had lots to catch up on. I really miss working with her. And I also miss working with Jackie, with whom I met up on Thursday, when she made me a delicious dinner. They are both amazing, wonderful friends. 

On the theme of friends, I had lunch with my school friends today - there were four of us; Helen, Libby and me, and Libby's son Euan. He is all grown up now and seemed very patient with all of our girl chat! Zizzi's has wheelchair access at the side so after lunch we exited that way and Helen and I accompanied Libby and Euan back to the Buchanan Galleries. After a quick browse I headed home. There wasn't anything that we fancied seeing at the cinema, so James, Ally and I watched a reasonably good thriller on television; Ben Affleck's "The Accountant." 

No comments:

Post a Comment