Friday 24 March 2017

Ballater weekend

I was on a training course today. The sun was shining as I drove there, listening to music and singing along. My Mum used to say that "a change is as good as a rest" and it was very refreshing to be out of school, on what proved to be a very interesting course where I also ran into a few pleasant people I knew from other schools and caught up with news. The scones at tea break were a welcome bonus! The course finished on time which meant that I was at home earlier than usual and had plenty of time to finish my packing for our hill-walking club weekend away to Ballater. 

We set off as soon as James arrived home. Ally and Cat were borrowing my car and set off just after us; the longest drive that Ally has done so far but he got on fine. The three hour drive to Ballater seemed surprisingly long even though there were no delays, and we were both tired when we arrived at our hotel, the Deeside Inn. We had a tasty dinner with the rest of the group and a convivial evening. So here I am tucked up in bed with the weather for the weekend ahead looking good! 


No comments:

Post a Comment