Sunday 19 March 2017

Helpful

It has been a leisurely and pleasant Sunday. James and I went into town in the morning to choose a new duvet cover because our pale blue set (or according to James, pale green set - we cannot agree) has finally started to disintegrate after many years. We chose a rather attractive duck egg blue set, with broad stripes of the same colour but a slightly different texture, a bit like the stripes on a mowed lawn. We also looked at couches and light fittings for the new front room. 

We then met Heather and Ewan for a very pleasant lunch at Prezzo's, they were telling us about their recent ski holiday in St Johann which sounded great. 

When we got home Ally was putting up shelves in my "Susan room" and had done a few other useful things around the house. I knew exactly where this was coming from; Ally and I had an initially trivial falling out a couple of days ago, but neither of us would back down and we have been a bit grumpy with each other since. As James explained to me years ago, Ally hates to revisit things that have gone wrong; instead he prefers to make things right by helping you out with something new. Once James pointed this out to me it helped me to understand how Ally deals with things. And indeed he was very helpful, and we had a nice chat and are now back on good terms I'm glad to say. I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment