Monday 28 May 2012

Sweltering at school

During this hot weather I am very lucky that my department is on the ground floor. We had all the windows open, producing a pleasant breeze. This was not the case upstairs; the classrooms on the first and second floors were like ovens. It was a good although busy day and at lunch time I gave all of our staff strawberry split ice lollies, which produced great excitement. The pupils all got ice poles that Jackie got last week; there was a party atmosphere in the playground.
Later I took Davie to Carol and Craig's to collect his new glasses, they are very smart. He kept thanking me (he's so lovely!) so I suggested that a good way to say thank you would be to make the dinner, and he did! This meant that James and I could sit in the garden enjoying a pre-dinner drink. It was most pleasant and the dinner turned out very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment