Monday 7 May 2012

I am exasperated

David wasn't sure whether he was expected at Disabled Riding today because it was the May Day holiday. After some discussion we decided that the horses would need mucking out anyway, so I gave him a lift to Maryhill and said to the supervisor that I would pick him up at lunch time. I did a bit of shopping then when I collected him we headed into town to David's favourite restaurant - TGI Fridays of course! We had to wait for twenty minutes so we went to Neal's Yard to pick up some Night Time Remedy for James, and scientific David was highly amused by all the homeopathic products. He said "Why go to a doctor when you can come here?" and other sarcastic comments! We had a good laugh over lunch and David tried out a new burger to see if he liked it better than the Monster Burger. He did like it but not quite as much, however he consoled himself with a large chocolate brownie and popcorn ice cream sundae. Alasdair was also dining out at lunch time because he was meeting Cat; he was then going to the cinema with friends and intended to come home later in the afternoon "to study". Needless to say, tea-time arrived with no sign of Alasdair and then I got a phone call from him to say that he was going to a concert at the O2 - some band called Train. The boy clearly is hardly studying for his A levels, I suppose that it must be hard for him to motivate himself since he has an unconditional offer for Law. Meanwhile Jamie has not arranged his MOT or paid his road tax and may now face a hefty fine. For once words fail me!