Monday 14 May 2012

Camping at Guay

Well not really camping for me because me and my colleagues are in a very nice and brand new lodge while the pupils are camping in the adjacent field! What a difference from the squalor of our rainy weekend in Auchengillan in the autumn. We have also been much luckier with the weather than the forecast predicted and it was dry all day during our walk. We had beautiful views of the Perthshire hills. Carolyn and I did a lot of singing as we walked along! When we got back to the camp site the pupils all made their dinners and the teachers ordered a huge curry which was very enjoyable. John was playing his own taste in music which included a group called "AC Dixie" playing Highway to Hell! I have such happy memories of expeditions to Guay over the years and although I'm enjoying being here now with the team I feel a bit wistful for pupils and colleagues from expeditions past. Such happy times with Susan, Des, Jim and all the pupils from my previous school. However it's also nice to see this new cohort of pupils enjoying their first camping expedition!