Tuesday 5 February 2013

Views from windows

It was snowing heavily this morning and people kept coming into my office to point this out to me, understandably mindful of how we got snowed in two years ago and wondering if I had decided to send the pupils home. However I kept my nerve and put my faith in the good old BBC weather forecast, which promised me that the snow would turn to rain by midday - and so it did! I was delighted. I did reflect that my attitude has changed somewhat - before I got my present Senior Management job I found snow much more fun, whereas today it gave me a headache because of the potential hassle. Is this how responsible middle age feels? Never mind, I still like skiing on snow so I do find it fun sometimes!
During the morning I received an email from James with a photo of the view from his window; Westminster in beautiful sunshine with blue skies. So I sent him back a picture of the snowy view from my window and he told me that the people in his meeting were quite amazed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment