Sunday 6 November 2011

Movie Memories

This evening we were watching the Strictly Come Dancing results show with Grandma, who was round for tea. The guest judge was Jennifer Grey of "Dirty Dancing" fame, who is almost unrecognisable now because of her nose job. This made me think about how much I enjoyed watching that film when I was very pregnant with Jamie. So I decided to make a list of some of my favourite scenes in films; this is not the same as a list of my favourite films, it is scenes or moments that made a big impression on me. Here goes.
Some of my favourite movie moments (in no particular order):-
* Dirty Dancing - when Patrick Swayze dances up the hall to Jennifer Grey and she falls forward from the stage into his arms. I want to be her.
* Bridget Jones - the fight between Hugh Grant and Colin Firth. Stirring.
* Evita - the bit where Antonio Banderas is walking through the fountain with his shirt all wet. Amazing.
* George of the Jungle - when George is dancing round the camp fire. Strangely moving.
* Mr Bean's Holiday - the end when Mr Bean sees the beach and walks towards it across all the vehicles and the cast all sing - this made me feel so happy that I cried.
* Cabaret - when the young boy sings "Tomorrow belongs to me" and the crowd joins in. Scary.
* La nuit americaine - when one of the crew tells a newspaper reporter something along the lines of "I hope you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed making it". Very funny.
* Elvira Madigan - the ending. I didn't see that coming.
* It's a Wonderful Life - when his brother says, "A toast to my big brother George. The richest man in town." Floods of tears even though I have watched this film dozens of times at the GFT.
* Slumdog Millionaire - the dance at the end of course!
I may well add to this list as I think of more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment