Wednesday 9 November 2011

Return of the Lost Kitten

Jackie's kitten Alfie has been missing for more than a week and it has been preying on my mind, being a cat lover myself. Alfie is a very cute, black kitten with bright green eyes, and I have had the pleasure of meeting him several times at Jackie's house since she got him during the summer; he is very sweet. She did everything she could to find him, searching and putting flyers round her neighbours' houses, but to no avail - until today! It turns out that a nearby family had taken him in when they realised he was wandering, and then took him to the vet where it was discovered that he is "chipped" and so could be returned home to Jackie and the boys. They are absolutely delighted to have him back, and I was so pleased when Jackie phoned to tell me the good news. This was a very happy end to a good day; I got lots done, went to an interesting seminar, and then James brought me home a Hello magazine that he got free at the British Airways lounge at Heathrow. How thoughtful of him, I was very pleased. I have finished the book I was reading (The Lantern) - it is very much a tribute to "Rebecca" by Daphne du Maurier, and makes a decent job of it, to the extent that the rather passive heroine annoys me in much the same way as in the original version! All very enjoyable; I read it until 2 o'clock this morning because I wanted to finish it, which was very silly of me. I am now about to start "Tiger Hills" by Sarita Mandanna, also lent to me by Heather. I am so pleased that Alfie is safe home with his family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment