Tuesday 19 March 2024

Miso Leeks

Today I was at the dentist for the first part of fitting a crown to replace the tooth which had root canal treatment last year. He drilled away at it and then filed down the remains, and then took an imprint of it using rubber stuff. It took ages, about an hour, and cost me £175. I could have spent that money on much more fun things! But hopefully when it’s finished the tooth will last for a long time. 

I found out some exciting news this evening; the young couple who moved into no. 17 in February had a baby on 29th February. The baby is called Theo and he was nine weeks early, but he is doing well and putting on weight. No wonder I haven’t seen them about to say hello to them. The reason that I met them is that they had a bouquet of flowers delivered but the florist handed it in to us because they were out. I saw them arrive home after dinner and nipped across the road with the flowers. I will look forward to meeting Theo when he is a bit less new and tiny! I did some cooking earlier, a recipe that I saw online; Miso leeks with white beans. Hmmm. It was straightforward to make but I was a bit underwhelmed; it tasted fine but so many beans! I don’t mind beans but they are not my favourite food. I had boiled eggs with mine and James had a salmon fillet. I also made a marinade for tomorrow night’s curry, it’s a while since I have made curry, this one is butter chicken (and in my case butter paneer.) It will be interesting to see how it turns out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment