Wednesday 13 March 2024

Dune 2

In 2021 James and I went to see Dune, based on the 1960s science fiction novel by Frank Herbert. This was a must see for James because he enjoyed the Dune series of books very much. I hadn’t read any of them but I went along anyway. For some reason I found the plot to be very convoluted and I had trouble working out who was who among all the different factions. Anyway, this evening we went to see Dune 2. I resigned myself to 2 hours and 47 minutes of further confusion, but to my surprise and pleasure, I followed it all perfectly! And enjoyed it. I must have picked up more than I thought from the first film. Like its predecessor the film was stuffed with luvvies; I liked it when Zendaya and Florence Pugh were staring at each other in a hostile fashion near the end, as competitors for Timothee Chalamet! The plot was by no means resolved and I predict several more films to come. 

We are about to go to pick up Ally from his delayed train; it was due at about 11 p.m. but is now arriving at Motherwell at two minutes past midnight. He’s going to be in Scotland on business for a couple of days and it will be lovely to see him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment