Sunday 3 March 2024

Bruadar Bay

Today was sunny and almost warm so we decided to go for a walk on the beach at Clachtoll. We decided to walk to Bruadar Bay for a change, the colours of the waves were turquoise as they swept over the sand, it was absolutely gorgeous. As James pointed out, it looked like the Caribbean Sea although I bet the water is very cold! I found myself a sunny, sheltered rock outcrop to sit on and I watched the light shining on the waves and took a few photos while James went exploring to the Split Rock. With his love of geology he was so interested in all of the rocks on the beach, there was quartz pushing through the lewisian gneiss, and he thinks that the headland is made of basalt, the fault lines in it are slightly like the Giant’s Causeway in Ireland. James arrived back and persuaded me to walk around the headland with him and I was glad that I did; the huge clefts in the rocks with waves crashing through them were spectacular, as were all of the mountains in the distance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment