Friday 1 March 2024

A break from the small screen

I have decided to have watch no television at all during the month of March, just to give myself a complete break. I actually don’t think that James and I watch more television than most people of our age. And we are much more discriminatory than we used to be; we watch series that we have chosen according to our tastes, which mostly coincide. For example we recently watched all three series of the fantastic Slow Horses. So the last couple of evenings I have been booking flights, making lists, jotting down ideas. I have also started editing my blog for typos, of which it has quite a few. I must clarify that these are not spelling mistakes because I’m an excellent speller (my one talent!), they are errors in predictive text that I haven’t noticed, or sentences that stop halfway through. The idea is to get the printed in book form as a permanent record, in case Blogger disappears from the internet taking my blog with it. This task will take at least a couple of months because I have thirteen years of blog to edit! 

It has all been very pleasant so far: James is starting a new series called Shogun, which is definitely more to his taste than to mine. He also has a World War 2 series to finish and he’s watching a science fiction series, so we are both happy. So far I am not missing television at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment