Friday 23 October 2020

Sunny in Dundee

Today we drove to Dundee to transport all of David’s stuff to his new flat. We borrowed Ally’s car as well, and I drove that while James and Davie went through in our car. Davie’s flat is lovely; very spacious and in really good condition. It’s in a quiet street with hardly any traffic and it’s very near to the city centre, with lots of cafés and restaurants close by. The weather was much better than at home with a beautiful blue sky. 

When we set off back home I noticed a man walking along beside the river dressed in a Spider-Man costume which I thought was very funny. I drove along listening to my audiobook and enjoying the good weather, but somehow I managed to miss the turn off towards Glasgow at Perth. When I realised my mistake I followed signs to Stirling along the A91. It was a pleasant drive through many villages such as Yetts o’Muckhart and Dollar and Tillicoultry, but of course it was much slower than the motorway and I got home more than half an hour later than I should have been!

After dinner David suggested that we watch the new Borat film which was released today. He also made popcorn with his kernels which had now dried enough, and they were delicious with a little butter. The film was very funny and also very cringey. It lacked the novelty and therefore the sheer shock factor of the first film, but it addressed current events, such as Covid and Trump, and the actress who played his daughter was very good. It was an excellent evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment