Tuesday 6 August 2019

Get It On

Our boy Ally is back from Kyrgyzstan and it’s very nice to have him home again. When we were having dinner with him this evening we were all listening to one of James’ favourite radio programmes; “Get It On” which has a daily theme for which listeners phone or message with suggestions. Tonight the theme was Radio, and listeners suggested songs such as “Radio Ga Ga” by Queen, “Video Killed the Radio Star” by The Buggles, “The Spirit of Radio” by Rush and many more. I thought of a song that I enjoyed in the early 1980s called “Pilot of the Airwaves” sung by Charlie Dore. It was much played by Dave Marshall on a Radio Clyde’s breakfast show, which I listened to every week day for many years.
I requested the song and to my delight it was played, with my name mentioned, second from the end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment