Friday 2 August 2019

A trip to Troon

On Thursday afternoon we headed to Prestwick, where I was planning to meet Jennifer G for a walk. The weather was balmy so James came with me and went for his own walk from Prestwick to Troon. Meanwhile Jennifer and I met up with Caroline for drinks in Buckley’s which is a lovely café. It was particularly suitable for me because it was pleasantly airy, which allowed me to cool down after becoming rather over-heated as we strolled along the prom. I have so many good memories of working with Jennifer and Caroline, and we have been though many happy, sad, funny and challenging experiences together that not many people outside our workplace could understand. It’s always great to meet up with them.
After our chat I drove along to meet James at Troon Beach; he felt that his sore leg had benefited from the exercise. Since it was by now after 5 p.m. we decided to wait until any commuter traffic quietened down. So we sat on the beach together for a very pleasant hour, chatting and enjoying the view. It was very relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment