Monday 29 July 2019

The Eighties Reimagined

On Saturday night we headed to the Royal Concert Hall to see a show entitled “The Eighties Reimagined”, fronted by the famous record producer Trevor Horn. Trevor has also appeared in various bands much loved by James over the years such as The Buggles, Yes and Asia so I went with some trepidation.
However, to my pleasant surprise Trevor had selected a wide variety of music from various artists he has worked with in the studio together with some pieces to which he felt he could bring a new twist (hence “reimagine”)
Trevor was joined by Lol Creme formerly of 10CC and his later partnership with Kevin Godley which gave them the excuse to play a number of my old favourites by these bands. A highlight for me was 10CC’s “I’m not in love”, and a haunting ballad version of  Springsteen’s “Dancing in the the Dark” which in my opinion was much better than the original.
Contacts in the recording industry meant that the band was drawn from a cross section of musicians incuding some really talented vocalists such as Steve Hogarth (Marillion) and Russ Ballard (Argent). 

No comments:

Post a Comment