Wednesday 4 January 2017

Invitations

Today I went to Stobhill Hospital for a routine Gynaecology appointment. I didn't enjoy it but I appreciate that it was necessary for my well being. Readers will be delighted to know that I am not about to relate any further details, apart from the fact that all of the staff that I met were both efficient and pleasant. 

Instead I will mention the two lovely social occasions to which we have very much enjoyed over the last two days. 

Yesterday we went to Janet and Peter's in Edinburgh for lunch. Janet had made a truly wonderful Spanish meal with all sorts of different dishes such as paella and patatas bravas meatballs, finished with key lime pie. Then we spent the afternoon laughing and chatting; they are relatives who have also become great friends. 

And then this evening we went to Christine and Gerry's for dinner. Christine made an amazing fish pie and a melt in the mouth toffee dessert. We also had a delicious Swiss cheese called Tête de Moine which is served in an unusual way; you use a blade to scrape the cheese as you turn it which produces thin shavings. Again the company was great fun and we sat in the lounge after dinner discussing all manner of interesting things. 

Now that I have somewhat addressed my work life balance and I am looking ahead to the next phase of my life, I would like to get back into proper home cooking. I used to be an enthusiastic cook but it kind of fell by the wayside - maybe I can get my cooking mojo back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment