Sunday 8 January 2012

Afternoon Tea at the Crutherland

Last day of the holidays; it has been a really long and good break, despite the appalling weather. James, Ally, David and I went to the Crutherland Hotel for a swim in the afternoon followed by afternoon tea in the lounge; it was an offer from "itison" website which I bought a while ago. It was a good way to spend the afternoon in very pleasant surroundings. The changing rooms and pool area were so much cleaner than our local pool, there is no excuse for how dirty it is. However the Crutherland is not close enough to home for me to go there regularly, so my search for an ideal pool continues. My favourite type of pool is an outdoor, lido style pool, like the one I visited in Ilkley on a school trip years ago. That would be ideal for me, but there is nothing like it near us; the closest outdoor pool is Greenock and it was very crowded and the changing area was quite dirty when we visited it a couple of years ago. After a swim and a sauna we got dressed and went for our afternoon tea - it was very nice! We had tea or coffee and a select ion of sandwiches, scones and cakes on an old-fashioned tiered serving tray, very elegant. It was a relaxing way to mark the end of the holidays. We are about to watch the second episode of Sherlock Holmes which I recorded earlier and which we all enjoy very much.
So, has it been a good holiday? I think it certainly has. We have struck a good balance between being social and having some quiet times. We have had a reasonable amount of exercise even though the weather has been disappointing. We have done some useful tidying and admin in the house, and although we could have done more I think it is good that we have also relaxed. So no complaints from me, I hope that my batteries are fully recharged ready for the term ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment