Friday 24 November 2023

Two walks

On Friday I went for two walks. The first, in the morning, was with Lil, who has recently had a hip replacement, a couple of weeks ago. We walked twice around the block from her house, and I was impressed by her speed and steady gait. She’s still using forearm crutches outdoors, and I think her hip is still uncomfortable sometimes, but she’s getting on really well. 
My second walk, in the afternoon, was with the irrepressible Vinnie. We had a fine old time bounding around Cambuslang Park (him), playing with other dogs (him) and chatting to their owners (me). I’m glad to say that Ferne is home from the hospital after her six weeks of chemo, so I’m not sure whether any more dog walking will be required. She has more treatment to come, but will be based at home, which is so much better for her family. I saw her when I took Vinnie home, just awake after a nap, and she looked so cute. 
James and I then took the train in to town to meet Abigail and Graham at Chaophraya, a Thai restaurant which we haven’t been to before. We had a delicious (and surprisingly spicy) meal and a convivial evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment