Monday 13 November 2023

James plays the guitar

I really admire how conscientiously James does his guitar practice every day. He goes into his study every afternoon and soon music can be heard wafting out. He never misses a practice. I gave him five music lessons for his birthday earlier this year and what with our various holidays he has only recently finished them (he has a lesson every two or three weeks) I’m glad to say that he has decided to continue with another five lessons to see how he progresses. This morning I was having a wee coffee with Libby in Eaglesham and we were chatting so much that I totally lost track of the time and was late home. I let James know that I was on my way and understandably he wasn’t best pleased because he had to take a taxi in order to arrive at his lesson in time (the hazards of having only one car.) I felt very guilty so when I went over to collect him I took him to Hugh’s in Burnside for afternoon tea. This cheered him up and I was forgiven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment