Thursday 25 January 2018

Belvedere

With the excellent weather and snow conditions continuing, Ewan and James set off very early to ski the glacier at Marmolada. They had a great time; they not only had fantastic views but they got to the top ahead of the crowds and had a really good run down. Meanwhile, Heather and I met for breakfast and then had a lovely morning of skiing to and around the Belvedere ski area. We have passed through this attractive valley twice before as we skied the Sella Ronda, and in fact the first run down into it was where I took my first tumble yesterday. I was delighted to ski down the same run without any problems! We skied around the runs enjoying the views and chatting on the lifts, and then met up with the boys at about midday on their return from the glacier. As often happens on ski holidays there was a bit of confusion about precisely where to meet, resulting in a flurry of texts and phone calls. However all ended happily and we were soon reunited with our dear husbands!
Heather and Ewan decided to ski further down into the Val di Fassa, however my legs were beginning to feel tired and I decided that discretion was the better part of valour. James and I made our way back to Arabba where we had lunch in the cheerful and pleasant Gasthof Pordoi. I of course chose my beloved dumplings! By the time that we finished lunch, had a stroll around the village (that didn't take long!) and walked back to the hotel, Heather and Ewan had arrived back and we all went to the nearby Hotel Mesdi for our traditional après-ski drinks. Another great ski day was followed by a happy and pleasant evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment