Saturday 4 October 2014

Shopping with Grandma

We gave Grandma a voucher for Jenners for her birthday with the services of a personal shopper to accompany her - me! So today was the appointed day and we set off eastwards on this mild and rainy morning. At James' suggestion we parked at Ingliston park and ride and took a tram into the centre of Edinburgh. This was a tremendous idea because it only took forty minutes to get to Ingliston and the tram ride itself was very pleasant. It was the first time that either Grandma or I have used Edinburgh's new trams since the service started at the end of May, so we were both very excited and enjoyed looking at the views of Edinburgh on the way in. The tram was very smart and comfortable.
We got off at St Andrews Square and walked across to Jenners, where we browsed around the womenswear section. I'm not the most enthusiastic shopper in the world but from time to time I can get into the spirit and today was quite enjoyable. Grandma chose a really gorgeous suit by Hobbs in a blue and black check; she did have to add to her voucher by quite a bit to pay for it! I also treated myself to a rather nice black wool dress.
We had lunch in the café and had a nice chat; Grandma regaled me with stories about her new neighbour over the back who she feels is very suspicious. This is mainly because she saw him in the garden wearing what could have been black shorts but could well have been boxers. There goes the neighbourhood!
We got home at about four after more tram excitement and I am exhausted; shopping with Grandma has worn me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment