Sunday 23 June 2019

Sticky Sunday

Oh boy it has been very warm today. Not just warm, but very close and sticky. It was extremely pleasant when I was reading my book in my hammock in the shade of the pear trees, but I had other things to do as well as relaxing. My main task was to clear out the upstairs bathroom ready for it to be ripped out tomorrow, to make way for our new bathroom units. I’m a bit conflicted about this. I realise that our bathroom has become shabby over many years, but I have always liked it. It has lots of storage and I like its soft colours and Orkney themed tiles designed especially for us by Elspeth Gardner. (The tiles are going to be saved and stored for future use.) Oh well, it needs done.
When I was round at Grandma’s later on, it was actually hotter outside than inside the house, which is amazing because Grandma keeps her heated turned up to 83 degrees year round! We sat in the front garden and I did a wee bit of weeding. I have had a few messages and photos sent to me from the hill-walking contingent from the Cairngorms, who seem to be doing a terrifying amount of walking in the great weather. They are camping in areas too remote for a phone signal and can only send occasional messages from the summits of hills.
Back in my hammock in the early evening, it was still very warm. Tom and Flora companionably joined me by lying in the flowerbed nearby and we all listened to the birds singing in the trees. It was very peaceful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment