Saturday 30 April 2016

Prom

I went to the school prom last night. I was really glad that I went because it was a great evening and everyone, including the pupils that I was supporting, had a brilliant time. It was of course also my last prom at my current school which was bittersweet. Word has got round that I'm leaving and some very nice things were said to me. My gorgeous Uganda pupils were all there because they are all 6th years and we had a group photo. They also presented my with a mug with a photo of us all at the source of the Nile and the message "from your Uganda children" as well as my alleged catch phrase "Right yous, nuff  ae that!" 
I also know a lot of the pupils who have done the D of E Award. At the end of the evening I found myself dancing with the head teacher in the centre of a large circle of pupils to a song which I think was by someone called Pitbull, doing some amazing dance moves as the 6th year pupils chanted "Susan! Susan!" I will miss them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment