Sunday 24 April 2016

Social Saturday

The weather has been fairly warm and sunny this past week, which is very welcome and I think has lifted everyone's spirits. I have made my Big Decision, which is to move job. It's all official and I have received my offer in writing. I'm very happy with my move, although there will be lots of things that I will miss about where I am now. However I have absolutely no doubts that it is the right move for me. 
Yesterday I went to a coffee morning to raise money for the 2016 Luwero trip. I was very impressed by the efforts made by pupils and staff; the pupils were providing musical entertainment as well as lots of stalls. A couple of my colleagues also turned up and we had a pleasant coffee together. 
I went straight from there into town to meet my school chums for one of our lovely lunches full of news, chat and laughter. All five of us were there and Libby and I were reporting back on the recent school reunion. 
When I got home James was having a wee cup of tea after working in the garden all day. We decided to go to the cinema to see Bastille Day, starring Idris Elba and the bloke who played Robb Stark in Game of Thrones. I do like an action thriller and this one was very good; set in Paris and full of exciting chases and plot twists. Idris Elba has such presence - there was a hilarious scene in an elevator where he intimidated another character just by looking at him  impassively. I think Idris would be a great James Bond. Then we finished off the evening with a nice dinner together in our current favourite restaurant, Bill's, before heading home for a cup of tea with Ally and Cat. 

1 comment: