Tuesday 8 March 2016

Jamie is home

Jamie has a week of annual leave and is spending a few days of it with us. It is, as ever, great to see him. His zest for life amazes me. Since he came home he has been going to the gym, baking (a delicious banana loaf), and taking Grandma to hospital for her eye treatment, as well as cooking our dinner this evening. 
After dinner Jamie suggested that we watch Les Miserables, which I had recorded at Christmas time. It was a great idea, I have seen it several times but had forgotten what a brilliant film it is, with fantastic music. Eddie Redmayne, Hugh Jackman, Samantha Barks, Russell Crowe, and Anne Hathaway - all brilliant actors. It's still better on the stage though; the first time I saw it was at the Edinburgh Playhouse when I was five months pregnant with Alasdair - must have been the autumn of 1993 - and I loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment