Monday, 10 August 2026

Cawdor Castle and The Odyssey

We have had a great time with Jennifer and Russell, the weather has been mixed, but we still went out for a walks as well as reading our books, chatting, and playing Sequence. As ever, they were great guests and seemed to enjoy themselves. Russell of course drank lots of cups of tea and when I realised that we had not stocked up on his favourite Yorkshire teabags I bought some for him despite Jennifer’s protests. When Jennifer jokingly told him that he shouldn’t have mentioned getting different teabags, he replied, “It’s not my fault - you’ve made me into a monster!” Which I thought was very funny! 
The other thing that Russell enjoyed saying with a mischievous look was “Susan, you’ve done it again!” every time I served up a meal, which he had already told us was a way of say of seeming to compliment a meal without actually doing so! 
This morning we drove through to Inverness, walked along the river in the sunshine and had a light lunch up at the castle. Then we dropped Jenn and Russ at the airport for their flight home, where they will be arriving to another 35 degrees heatwave! 
James and I decided to visit Cawdor Castle. I have been there many years ago with my mum and the boys, but James has never been. It was looking very pretty in the sunshine and the gardens were lush with beautiful flowers. We had a nice couple of hours there before going to see the film of the moment, the Odyssey. It was certainly visually stunning but I found it a bit long at three hours and may have dozed off during the battle scene near the end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment