Last night the four of us went to a concert in the Ceilidh Place Venue. The performers were Liza Mulholland and Hamish McDonald, both based in Inverness. They were both excellent musicians and singers. The performance had a Robert Burns theme, although only a few songs were his. There was a variety of Scottish songs on Burns themes, some of them I had heard before and some never. Some songs were very humorous others had a deeper meaning. It really was a tremendous performance, but I did think that it was a shame that there was only a small audience for such a fantastic event. In the second half quite a few more people drifted in from the pub, which I think was much nicer for the performers. They gave us just as good as show both before and after the audience increased.
Tonight Rona’s son Duncan came to dinner; he has joined Ullapool rowing club and had been practising with them. Again I was impressed by his cheerful and polite demeanour. He’s 23 with a degree in geology and will probably move to a job in Canada next year. Meanwhile, he is enjoying being in the north-west of Scotland which does not lack in geological features!
Tonight Rona’s son Duncan came to dinner; he has joined Ullapool rowing club and had been practising with them. Again I was impressed by his cheerful and polite demeanour. He’s 23 with a degree in geology and will probably move to a job in Canada next year. Meanwhile, he is enjoying being in the north-west of Scotland which does not lack in geological features!
No comments:
Post a Comment