Tuesday, 18 August 2026

A flying visit to Cambuslang

I’m back in Ullapool after a whirlwind weekend in Cambuslang. The house was very quiet without the cats, who of course stayed with James and Ullapool. However, I did have a companion; Alasdair. He has just arrived for a few weeks in Scotland where he is helping Davie to renovate the nursery for Baby Anderson. He will also catch up with a few of his Scottish friends, do some hill-walking, and plan his travels around the world over the next year. Understandably, he doesn’t want to set off until he has met the baby. It’s going to be nice to spend some time with him before he sets off on his adventure. 
Ally, me, Davie and Chanel met at our house for a curry and a catch up on Sunday evening, and then after my Children’s Panel on Monday morning I had a catch up with Alison T. Ally joined us when he arrived back from decorating the nursery and we all had a good chat. Chanel and I went out for brunch on Tuesday  to The Hidden Tearoom in Bothwell. I had a Bakewell scone which was absolutely delicious and we had some good girly chat. And then I set off north, listening to Comanche Moon by Larry McMurtry on the way. It was a quiet and straightforward journey and when I arrived back in Ullapool James had made his famous asparagus risotto which was a lovely welcome back. I also got a nice welcome from both cats! When Flora rubs her face against my cheek for ages and presses her forehead against mine it makes me so happy. And I feel the same when Tom offers to let me rub his tummy by rolling on his back, and speaks to me with his silent miaow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment