Sunday was a cloudy and slightly drizzly day but energetic James and Margaret climbed Ullapool Hill anyway. They met a rather eccentric man who is in the process of climbing every hill in Great Britain - all of them! We then met in the Cult Café for a tasty lunch. We had such a relaxing afternoon reading the Sunday papers.
In the evening we played Sequence which Margaret picked up very quickly and in fact won!
Today the weather forecast was very good today so we set off to Coigach and James and Margaret climbed Stac Pollaidh. My intention was to go for a short walk and find somewhere near the loch to read my book but it was too midgy and after a while I retreated to the car. The intrepid hill-walkers returned after a couple of hours; they said they had a great time and when I saw Margaret’s photos from the top they were absolutely beautiful. We drove to Achiltibuie and purchased sandwiches from the village shop, which we consumed while sitting in a bench in the sunshine, looking over towards Tanera Mor. We then drove the short distance to Achnahaird Beach which looked stunning with the mountains behind. We took some deckchairs down to the beach and sat and chatted. I went in for a swim which was delightful, at this time of year the water doesn’t feel too cold and I enjoyed being lifted up and down by the waves. Back at the cottage later we all had showers and relaxed. When I was upstairs getting ready for my shower I could hear Flora talking to Margaret who was sitting outside on the bench, and Margaret replying, which was very sweet! Tom spent time with Margaret outside too. After dinner we were all rather exhausted from all the fresh air and had a fairly early night.
In the evening we played Sequence which Margaret picked up very quickly and in fact won!
Today the weather forecast was very good today so we set off to Coigach and James and Margaret climbed Stac Pollaidh. My intention was to go for a short walk and find somewhere near the loch to read my book but it was too midgy and after a while I retreated to the car. The intrepid hill-walkers returned after a couple of hours; they said they had a great time and when I saw Margaret’s photos from the top they were absolutely beautiful. We drove to Achiltibuie and purchased sandwiches from the village shop, which we consumed while sitting in a bench in the sunshine, looking over towards Tanera Mor. We then drove the short distance to Achnahaird Beach which looked stunning with the mountains behind. We took some deckchairs down to the beach and sat and chatted. I went in for a swim which was delightful, at this time of year the water doesn’t feel too cold and I enjoyed being lifted up and down by the waves. Back at the cottage later we all had showers and relaxed. When I was upstairs getting ready for my shower I could hear Flora talking to Margaret who was sitting outside on the bench, and Margaret replying, which was very sweet! Tom spent time with Margaret outside too. After dinner we were all rather exhausted from all the fresh air and had a fairly early night.
No comments:
Post a Comment