I set off from Ullapool to Cambuslang today; I have a Children’s Hearing to attend on Monday in Hamilton. Last night Kenny and Cornel arrived to go hill-walking with James; we had dinner together and a nice chat.
This morning I drove to Susan W’s house in Blair Atholl. She made me a delicious lunch including fresh vegetables from her garden when I arrived. Her house was formerly the local bank, and the front part still has the door to the vault. It’s very pretty and is set in large gardens. Susan has renovated it since her Dad died a few years ago and it is absolutely gorgeous.
Susan then drove us to Pitlochry Festival Theatre; the first time that I have ever been there. It’s really smart and we got ourselves coffees before the performance started. We had excellent tickets in the front row. The play A History of Paper was performed by Alan Cumming and Shirley Henderson. These two excellent Scottish actors have known each other since they were young and they interacted very well together. I hadn’t realised that the play is actually a musical, which I liked. It was all about the paper that we collect during our lives and how that kind of tells the story of our lives. Near the end, there is a real twist which I didn’t see coming, and which was very sad and moving. I’m so glad that I went to it and I look forward to visiting Pitlochry Festival Theatre again.
Back at Susan‘s, we had a cup of tea and a nice chat and then I set off to drive the last hour and a half to Cambuslang.
This morning I drove to Susan W’s house in Blair Atholl. She made me a delicious lunch including fresh vegetables from her garden when I arrived. Her house was formerly the local bank, and the front part still has the door to the vault. It’s very pretty and is set in large gardens. Susan has renovated it since her Dad died a few years ago and it is absolutely gorgeous.
Susan then drove us to Pitlochry Festival Theatre; the first time that I have ever been there. It’s really smart and we got ourselves coffees before the performance started. We had excellent tickets in the front row. The play A History of Paper was performed by Alan Cumming and Shirley Henderson. These two excellent Scottish actors have known each other since they were young and they interacted very well together. I hadn’t realised that the play is actually a musical, which I liked. It was all about the paper that we collect during our lives and how that kind of tells the story of our lives. Near the end, there is a real twist which I didn’t see coming, and which was very sad and moving. I’m so glad that I went to it and I look forward to visiting Pitlochry Festival Theatre again.
Back at Susan‘s, we had a cup of tea and a nice chat and then I set off to drive the last hour and a half to Cambuslang.
No comments:
Post a Comment