Wednesday, 19 August 2026

My Mum’s Wedding Ring

Kerry was recently chatting with me about the shape of wedding ring that she would like, and it sounded very similar to my Mum’s wedding ring, which is a simple rounded gold ring. I didn’t want her to feel obliged to have it, so I had a word with Jamie and said that they should discuss it. A few days later, I got a lovely phone call from Kerry to say that she did indeed love the ring and would like to have it if that was okay by me. Of course I said yes and posted the ring (recorded delivery) to New Zealand. It arrived there safely and surprisingly quickly, and I’m very pleased that Kerry likes it. I think my mum would be very pleased as well, because she loved Jamie so much and I think it would appeal to her that Jamie‘s wife will be wearing her wedding ring. Needless to say, Ally and Davie will receive similarly sentimental and valued items for their girls when they get married. 
Until I posted it, I wore my mum’s wedding ring on the middle finger of my left hand. The ring mark is still there for now and I think I will be a little bit sad when it fades. However, I am glad that the ring will continue to be loved by future generations of Andersons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment