Friday 7 June 2024

Useful and pleasant

It has been a satisfyingly useful as well as a social week. Monday was a great day; lovely weather for my swim and then scones with Hilary at the Hidden Tearoom. 
On Tuesday James and I went to see the Pet Shop Boys (again - we went last year with Marjory and Forrest.) They were very good, Neil Tennant still has a great voice and they seemed genuinely to be enjoying themselves, as did the audience. I met up with Suzy for a coffee, she was looking after Ferne that morning, so I got some cuddles and played with her a little; she’s such a lovely wee girl and Harris is a very fond and kindly big cousin to her. Unfortunately the news about her health is not good, which is so sad. 
I had a coffee with Alison T this week and we made plans to go swimming, an activity that we both enjoy. And I heard some nice baby news from Anne in Ullapool; she has a new wee granddaughter. On the useful side I did some much needed clearing out in the house and James repaired the decking up at the shed as well as fixing up the love seat and oiling it. 
On Thursday Davie & Chanel came round to set beer traps for the many slugs who would like to eat Davie’s vegetables, and we chatted about their house-hunting, which is very exciting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment